Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Bell Soto



The Hunger (left) and Father Figure (right) by Bell Soto

Each of these is actually a montage of images used for multi-page spreads for fashion editorial StyleMonteCarlo, though I do like them arranged in this way shown here. It appears almost like a movie storyboard and emphaisizes the cinematic quality (staged action, artificial lighting, doll-like subject, disturbed quality etc).
I guess it could be described as aesthetically very 'Lynchian'*,
but I feel as if everything I see these days likes to hide under the David Lynch blanket a bit.
Soto's website under the 'film' page is quite interesting- there's a few short films which I think demonstrate the collision between art/fashion as well as cinema/photography.
http://www.bellsoto.com/

*Visit 'The City of Absurdity' for the definition of Lynchian, apparently!

No comments:

Post a Comment